What is Leaders Forum?
Leaders Forum is an experiential learning program for emerging leaders from diverse industry and community sectors.
- Question what leadership means and develop your leadership style
- Broaden your understanding of how you can lead in your community
- Think laterally, examine issues systematically and find creative solutions
- Experience first-hand how our region is responding to major issues
- Listen to others, learn from them and reflect on your own understandings
- Network with a diverse range of people and established leaders
The Leaders Forum program includes:
- Opening and closing residential retreats.
- Fortnightly sessions from February to November (either full days or evenings).
- Ongoing support from a Learning Partner.
- Pre-readings and online discussion groups.
- Community forums and events.
- A Canberra visit to Federal Parliament.
Each year we explore a range of topics to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing our community. Learning areas may include:
- Regional overview
- Economic development
- Health and wellbeing
- Local government
- Federal and state politics
- Empowering the community
- Arts and culture